TENCEL™ Vs Linen Bedsheets: What’s The Difference?
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How Does TENCEL™ And Linen Differ From Each Other? Go To Section
Comparison Between TENCEL™ Lyocell And Linen Go To Section
What Is TENCEL™? Go To Section
Pros Of TENCEL™ Go To Section
Cons Of TENCEL™ Go To Section
What Is Linen? Go To Section
Pros Of Linen Go To Section
Cons Of Linen Go To Section
TENCEL™ Vs Linen: Which One Is Better? Go To Section
Discover Weavve's Bedding Collection Go To Section
HOW DOES TENCEL™ AND LINEN DIFFER FROM EACH OTHER?
Comparison between TENCEL™ Lyocell and linen
- Eucalyptus wood that is harvested from natural forests and sustainably managed tree farms
- Fibers are derived from the stems of the flax plant
- Smooth, buttery soft, and silky from the first day of use
- Rough initial texture
- Gets softer with every wash
- Ultra cooling
- Breathable and moisture-wicking, excellent for regulating temperature in various climates
- Breathable, moisture-wicking, and temperature-regulating
- Ideal for year-round use and in various climates
- Smoother, drape silk-like look
- More vibrant as it retains dye better and is less prone to fading over time
- Stiffer, rougher look and feel
- Naturally comes in ivory, gray, ecru, and tan, but can be dyed
Suitable for sensitive skin
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Resistant to disintegration with proper care and maintenance
- Prone to wrinkles and creases
- Less likely to shrink
- Shrinks around 4% percent after the first wash, especially pure linen
- Requires less energy and water to produce
- Less waste produced due to closed-loop process
- Wood pulp sustainably sourced
- Does not require irrigation
- Uses fewer pesticides
- Biodegradable, eco-friendly
- Less waste produced by turning flax byproducts into linseed oil
- Relatively easy care
- Machine-washable on a gentle spin with cold water
- Machine-washable on a gentle cycle on low temperatures
- May require ironing to get rid of creases and wrinkles
WHAT IS TENCEL™?
TENCEL™ bedsheets are durable and long-lasting. They are less likely to shrink, deform, or thin over time. Compared to linen, TENCEL™ has a tighter weave, giving it superior strength, flexibility, and functionality.
Aesthetic-wise, TENCEL™ Lyocell sheets add beauty to the room since they hold dye well and don’t wrinkle easily. If you want a silky material, these bed sheets won't disappoint. They have a flowy look and feel, making the bedroom appear more posh and cozy without you having to break the bank.
TENCEL™ sheets beat linen sheets when it comes to versatility. They come in different textures and thicknesses. So whether you want a cottony or silky feel, you’ll get to enjoy snuggling with bed sheets that are incredibly relaxing to rest with after a long day.
If you’re a hot sleeper, TENCEL™ sheets are a great choice because they are temperature-regulating and moisture-wicking. What makes them one of the best to stay cool and dry at night is they contain hydrophilic (water-loving) fibers. This makes them more efficient at keeping the body cooler and working well in various climates than other fabrics.
Ideal For People With Sensitive Skin
Unlike linen bedding, TENCEL™ sheets are created with the environment in mind. The production processes and facilities are specially designed for low energy use and carbon emissions. They also use less harsh chemicals and get recycled to minimize waste.
TENCEL™ bed sheets have a lot to offer, but they involve costly production. This makes them more expensive than what most buyers are willing to spend. Because of this, they may not be ideal for those on a tight budget.
WHAT IS LINEN?
Linen is an ancient fabric made of natural fiber from flax plants. Its history dates back to 3000 BC. Because of its high quality, the kings of Egypt and the Roman Empire used it to decorate their bed tops.
Linen bed sheets have been loved by many households for generations, especially those who like making their rooms look more extravagant. They are regarded as luxurious sheets because of their lustrous sheen.
Linen bedsheets provide optimal comfort, particularly to hot sleepers. They are breathable, lightweight, and temperature-regulating, making them great for every climate.
Linen is hypoallergenic, which is why it’s ideal for those with sensitive skin or allergies. It is also naturally pathogen-resistant and antibacterial due to its wicking and moisture-retention properties.
Although linen bedsheets usually have a thread count of under 150, it is considered one of the most durable linen fabrics ideal for long-term bedding use. It feels slightly stiff at first. However, it grows softer with every wash, offering more comfort as it ages.
Prone to Wrinkling
Linen bed sheets wrinkle easily. For that reason, you may have to deal with the hassle of ironing them after every wash if you’re fond of smooth-looking sheets.
Rough Initial Feel
Unlike TENCEL™ which feels incredibly soft and smooth from the moment they get taken out of the package, linen sheets require multiple washing before they become softer. They may be uncomfortable to use if you don’t want sheets with a scratchy feel.
Linen sheets come with a heftier price tag than other options. Those with a high thread count (in bedsheets), in particular, cost more because their production process takes a lot longer.
TENCEL™ VS LINEN: WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
The key to enjoying better sleep and feeling more refreshed in the morning is investing in bed sheets that perfectly match your sleeping needs and preferences.
DISCOVER WEAVVE'S BEDDING COLLECTION
TENCEL™ Lyocell Bed Sheets
Cotton Sateen Bed Sheets
Here at Weavve, we pride ourselves on being committed to responsible sourcing, production, sale, and use of our products. We take a great effort in ensuring that our decisions account for all the people who help build our products, the environment, and our consumers. From Standard 100 by Oeko Tex® certified sheets to SEDEX certified factories, Weavve makes sure that everyone is cared for at every step of the way.
100 DAYS TO SLEEP ON IT
Buying a sheet should be easy and delightful. Here at Weavve, we are fully committed to making exceptional products and our 100-day free return policy makes it easy for you to take the leap of faith, especially for first-time users. Learn more about our 100-Day Free Trial.